Thursday, May 8, 2014

New York City Skyline Silhouette


I was born in New York so I took the "Where I'm From" category and just took where I actually came from and drew the first thing that came to my mind.  That's how I came up with the idea
The only thing I took from a source was a picture of the silhouette and I made it so that it was my own version of the skyline.  I also folded the skyline in half so that it was in a perspective instead of being just flat.
I should have taken the tops of the buildings and the outline of the doors and windows and just highlighted it with white chalk.  Even though I didn't do that, that's probably what I learned.
I've always had a hard time with trying to make sunsets with chalk, but this time I just went with it and I got better at making the sunsets.  They're still not what I want them to be, but for right now it's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment